Don’t annoy me. If every time I read your name on a comment I start going “ugh”, I will ban you. This comment policy is deliberately capricious, arbitrary, and unfair, because my primary interest is having comments on my posts that I find interesting and insightful. Some of the things I’ll allow are probably objectively ‘worse’ than things I don’t, but they happen to be less bothersome to me.
I do value intellectual diversity and contrarianism and want to be challenged on my beliefs, so don’t take this as saying that only comments which agree with me are allowed.
Things likely to annoy me:
- Arguing that some forms of rape or abuse are not real or that their survivors do not deserve support.
- Erasure of male rape or abuse survivors.
- Arguing that suicide is always morally wrong and suicidal people have a duty to live.
- Conversely, arguing in favor of nonconsensual euthanasia of disabled people.
- Nice Guys ™. Literally everything that can be said about Nice Guys ™, both pro and anti, has already been said ad nauseam. The topic has been exhausted. Move on.
- Insulting people by calling them fat or autistic or by using words such as “neckbeard” that connote fatness and autism.
- Deliberate misgendering. (I don’t consider accidentally messing up pronouns or lack of knowledge of someone’s gender to be deliberate misgendering.)
- Members of the alt-right with the exception of Konkvistador and Nydwracu. If you would like to be added to the list, try talking more about Foucault and less about cucks.
- The use of the words “motte” and “bailey” to refer to anything other than historical castles.
I reserve the right to edit comments to remove slurs or correct people’s pronouns.